Monday, January 8, 2007

These Are A Few of My Favorite Words

Hi, I'm Ria, another word fanatic. Below are some of my favorite words, many are taken from the movie Akeelah and the Bee, which has a great number of long words.

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: the fear of long words. plakkopytrixophylisperambulantiobatrix: (Ok, Ok this is not really in the dictionary but isn't it a cool word?) It's the name of a poem by Chesterton.

Those are the longest I know, now for the slightly less impressive....
prestidigitation
catastasis
bioluminescent
ratatouille
staphylococci
logorrhea I like the wordy definitions:
1. pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility.
synecdoche

That's all for now, but I look forward to much more posting. This should be fun!

1 comment:

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

ratatouille is one of my favourite dishes